Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Almost there....kinda.

I thought it was about time that I did a "BEFORE" and "AFTER" picture - just to motivate myself. This month has been good and not so good, very difficult and exhausting, but also sometimes pretty smooth. I'm up to 83 pounds lost since October 15 and I'm hoping to reach my goal, if not by October 15th of this year, then definitely by December 31st. I have about 20 or so pounds to go.

Can I do it??? I sincerely hope so!!

So, here is a picture of me while knitting on my Swallowtail Shawl in Kauni around about the beginning of October. (This is the closest I could get to a truthful picture...the rest have been de-let-ed!)

BEFORE:



Now, here is the most recent picture of me from Monday at Hampton Beach. (Oh, the boobs!!! Why can't I get better support??)

ALMOST AFTER:



Also, a few other pics of me and Ian while on our anniversary vacation to Mystic, CT - we had such a relaxing and wonderful time! (and no kiddies - just us!)

Ian and I at the Stonington Lighthouse Museum "beach" area:



Just me with my knitting bag (see the purple Namaste bag with blue knitting in it on the left???):



And, now, I'll share some of my newest FOs and progress on the Lizard Ridge Afghan -which is close to halfway done!!

1. Quant from the newest Spin-Off Magazine and also Knitty.com:



Super quick and fun to knit with my own Rambouillet handspun!
(See details and more pictures on my Ravelry page here.)

2. Mousie from Ysolda Teague's "Whimsical Little Knits":



and, Mousie loves Ben...and Ben loves Mousie....



Ben loves this toy and it only took me a few hours - it's extremely fun and quick to knit using just a little bit of yarn (Katia Mississippi 3 Solids in gray and bright pink).
(See details and more pictures on my Ravelry page here.)

3. Icing Swirl Hat from Ysolda's book, "Whimsical Little Knits" (I've almost done half of the projects in the book!)



Super, super fast and very soft and warm. I loved using the Misti Alpaca Chunky for this- gorgeous. I wish the store had the Lipstick colorway, though...that one is awesome!
(See details and more pictures on my Ravelry page here.)

4. Sea Urchin from Ilga Leja Designs:



This top didn't take long at all and was enjoyable from start to finish. Very light, very airy and so comfortable to wear. I used the Katia Mississippi 3 Solids again in the bright pink and I was really happy with how it came out.
(See details and more pictures on my Ravelry page here.)

5. Lizard Ridge Afghan from Knitty.com:



I've got 2 full panels done now and will be knitting at least 2 more, probably 3. I love using the Noro Kureyon - the colors just make this blanket so impressive and stunning. Plus, it's not that scratchy and will be soo warm!
(See details and more pictures on my Ravelry page here.)

Whew! That's a LOT of damn knitting...LOL!

I'm also working on my October Frost Cardigan, my mom's Fudge Swirl Mock Cable Pullover and the Buttercup knitted top in Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in a bright blue, which is coming out awesome.

Do you think I'm slacking???

(Hugs to all....thank you so much for your comments and constant support!)

13 comments:

Lora said...

Gina, You are one hot momma!! Keep up the good work.
Love the knitting FO's too!

Anonymous said...

All your knits are great, but your greatest accomplishment is Y.O.U. You are looking really FANTASTIC!

"Can I do it??? I sincerely hope so!!" YOU DEFINITELY WILL!

silly sarahs said...

Gina you look amazing and are my inspiration. I think i am going to go back on Weight Watchers because of you.
Rock on
Sarah

Lapdog Creations said...

You are such an inspiration ... YOU GO GIRL! :)

Jackie said...

You are smokin' hot! Love your knits!

Gina House said...

Thanks so much everyone!!! It is the BEST thing in the world to have such supportive friends!

Leslie said...

Smokin' Hot is right. You look fabulous! and so does your knitting...

Enid said...

well done on the weight loss!!!!
you look marvellous

KSee said...

I'm so glad you did the before and after. You can look back on this post in another year. Funny whenever I loose a couple of pounds it's the boobs that go first! LOL. I would not have the problem you have at yogo.
Love all you beautiful projects.

Anonymous said...

You look awesome! Thanks for sharing and being an inspiration to all of us!

KimT said...

You should be so very very proud of yourself! How Inspiring!

Unknown said...

Gina you look great! Keep on keeping on. You've worked too hard to stop now!!!
Rock on!!!

Susan said...

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel good to get in shape!