Sunday, June 12, 2005

Knitting and Sitting

It's been so long since I've made an entry. Not too much new on the knitting front. Still working on my K1C2 silk/mohair lace shawl from Exquisite Little Knits. I'm almost done and it's coming out very nice...if I say so myself, which I do. I took a break on that to indulge myself in one of the new Berroco handbags made with the new Zodiac yarn and Suede.....called the Madison Jane or something. I have to admit that I didn't like the selection of colors for the Zodiac, but had such a difficult time picking out a color I DIDN'T like in the Suede....so yummy! The pattern was simple and easy, but the handles (crocheted tubes) wasn't explained well in the free pattern and I had a hard time with it. Next time, I'll do an i-cord. The dimensions for the metal rings and hooks seemed wrong to me, so I just picked the ones I thought fit best on the bag. Came out cute, but I think a knitter friend of mine (Erica!) will like it much better and enjoy it more than I would. I got a new book, Pursonalities (knitted and felted bags), and it has so many awesome designs, that I'm making it a priority to make one right after I finish with the shawl. Especially the Blue Hawaii one....gorgeous! If you have a chance to check this book out, it's worth every penny and second of your time. The petite purses are adorable, too.

Trying not to buy too much yarn lately since we're getting ready to move to another town and my husband keeps eyeing my two large tupperware containers full of yarn with malice...saying, "We could buy ourselves a house with just the value of the yarn right there!" Now, he's exaggerating of course, but if he really knew the combined total of all that yarn new, he'd most likely have a heart attack...and 32 is much too young for that! Plus, I love the guy. Anyway, my mind conveniently "forgot" about my attempt to save money for our new house and bills and decided that I needed to buy some gorgeous handpainted, handspun yarn on ebay (Shells Fibers is HEAVEN!)....so back to square one and shamefully lying to my husband and deceiving him into thinking I'm being "good". If I really had to defend myself, I'd bring up the $300 he spent on a new electric guitar.....but, I'm too nice of a wife to do that.....aren't I? (nah!)

Hope all of you are knitting up a frenzy and would love to hear from you via e-mail about any projects you're working on....did I mention that I'm a Knittin'Kitten?

No comments: