Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Podcast 12: Lace Race



Good morning, wonderful knitters!

I'm excited to say that I've cast on for the Myrtle Leaf Shawl! The lace cast on wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be...but that Jade Sapphire Lacey Lamb is sooo thin!




Here is the button for knitting lace in May (please link back to me)....which can include knitting the Radiance Lace Headband....so grab the pattern, yarn and size 4 needles and start knitting! The Radiance Lace Headband Contest ends May 31, so remember that as well ; )



Also, check the side bar and this post for the Sleepy Eyes Tipsy Sock pattern...download for free....would love to see the socks you knit!

Go to the Sleepy Eyes Etsy Shop and buy the very last skein of Alien Invasion sock yarn....100% superwash merino...beautiful twist and 440 yards of fingering weight dreaminess!

If you liked the music on this podcast, here are the talented artists to look up....

Love = Action with "Waves" and Beatrice Ericsson with "Starting All Over"

WEBSITES to VISIT for LACE:

Knotty Daisy for her gorgeous "Fir Cone Wrap" and progress on a new lace project.

Knit Picks for Options needles, lace patterns, yarns and books.

Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson

Shawls and Scarves from the Best of Knitter's Magazine

A Gathering of Lace by Meg Swanson

Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman

Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby

YARNS:

Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud

Spunky Eclectic Laceweight

Jade Sapphire Lacey Lamb

Rowan Kidsilk Haze

K1C2 Doceur et Soie

LACE PATTERN WEBSITES:

Heart Strings Fiber Arts

Fiber Trends

Knitter's Review Lace Tutorial

Heirloom Knitting Lace

Hope you become inspired to knit some lace this month and I'd LOVE to see your works in progress or finished lace objects!!!

With love, Sleepy Eyes : )

10 comments:

Sonya said...

Loved the podcast! If I can figure out how to do the button I will put in over on the skein.

Anonymous said...

Great podcast! I really enjoyed it. I will have to swipe the button because I will be finsihing my Spring Things and probably starting more lace when it is done.

Sonya said...

Thanks for helping me get the button.

Jackie said...

Another fantastic podcast. I'm in, baby! Elann won't be selling that laceweight till the 8th, so I guess I have to wait. I'm still on the fence about which pattern too...

Anonymous said...

love love love that lace shawl! will be interested in your progress - so happy to have found your blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning me in your podcast! It was so cool to hear my name!

I just finished my head band(minus the beads.) Pictures will be sent shortly! It's really pretty, if I do say so myself.

Sheknits said...

I am so happy I found your podcast- it's fun, funny, informative a little nutty and so well organized and easy on the ears...love it!! I have been knitting a long time but in the past few years started a tiny knitting business of mostly knit and felted bags. I never here you mentioning felting... at least so far, however I am not all caught up on your episodes yet.
Thanks for your energy and time in creating your podcast for my listening delight! I must go now and read your blog, I am sure I will find ots of new and intereting places to go on he web to interest my knitting obsessed soul.
www.sheknits7.blogspot.com

Lapdog Creations said...

Finally got to listen - another great podcast!

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Oh no! Am I too late to sign up for the Lace KAL?
=:8

Anonymous said...

I haven't listened to the episode yet, but that picture with the yarn balls is priceless!