Where Was I?
This past weekend has been PACKED with stuff for me to do....
-Friday: the closing party for Ben's Summer Reading program (which we tried to go to, but Ben was scared of the Pirate Man), my sister visiting from RI and teaching yoga (my sister got to take my class, so that was fun).
-Saturday: weigh in at Weight Watchers (lost 4 pounds!!! almost up to losing 40!), try to give a Reiki treatment (my client got mixed up on the time...but not a big deal....missed seeing her, though) and going to Donna's 50th birthday party. Pictures? Well, no, I forgot my camera. Luckily, Jackie is the new picture taking fool...out with Gina Papparazzi and in with Jackie Papparazzi! (I'm kind of relieved...but I will still be taking pictures, don't worry)
-Sunday: clean the house frantically, get the kids ready to go out with Ian for a few hours while my sister and I host a Creative Memories scrapbook class....put out food, make little goody bags to give out and had to beg Kim (my sister) to go to the store because I ran out of napkins. Finally, everyone arrrived (thank you, thank you, Jackie for saving me!!!!) and we had a great time...or at least I did. We all made a "card" with some of our pictures and I bought a ton of stuff to make another album for 2006. I have 2005 almost done. Just have 2 more pages to fill up and that album is FINI!
After my sis left (sorry to see her go), I could breathe again and had all this delicious food left over to give the guys for supper and for Ian to have for lunch the next day (thank you everyone!!!...especially Chris and her amazing Chicken and Rice dish, which is ALWAYS the hit of any party).
Knitting updates? Well, not much. I have to redo part of my Toe Socks...they were almost done, but the foot came out a bit too big and I just have to rip it back (waaaah!), got another 1 inch done on my lingerie and started a bath towel out of Euroflax linen...will link in the next blog. I'm pooped today...and lazy.
Pictures? Well, again, a few, but more next time...
1. My Tigerlily/Marigolds sock in the Jaywalker pattern using awesome sock yarn from Yarn Botanika.
2. The AMAZING (and sexy) Jackie last Wedensday at knitting (holding the glass I got from Amanda...see both below).
3. The ADORABLE (and lovely) Amanda, who is determined to finish up a few projects by the end of the month. I KNOW she can do it...you should see the cardigan she's made that's almost done....awesome!
4. The GLASS...a gift from Amanda to symbolize my drinking half a marguarita two weeks ago and acting like a fool...also can be used as a glass for drinking if I really wanted to get totally drunk (and perhaps go into a coma from all that liquor). Love it!
5. The MOHAIR (in rainbow colors!!!) that I want to knit up into a sweater for myself...maybe with bell sleeves and a nice, boat neck...must ask Denise or Donna how I can do this. Might use the pink mohair that Ericka bought me a year ago at the Sheep and Wool for the collar or arms or something. I love that stuff!
So, what're you all knitting on right now?
Also, if my KSKS (sock kit pal) is reading right now....where are youuuuuu????