Thursday, April 21, 2005

Trying to Blog

I've had a difficult time trying to get into my blog the past few weeks. I wonder if anyone else is having this problem....I keep getting "internal error" or something. I wish I had all the blogs I did write over the past two weeks saved, but my mind isn't what is used to be, so I don't...boohoo. I was astonished to see in my knitting journal that I've completed 100 projects in one year....I started knitting in April 2004. Wow! Everything from a sweater, lots of slippers, 4 pairs of socks, lots of hats, even more scarves, baby items, 2 or more knitted toys, and more. I've been busy! I've even made up two of my own patterns....one for a knitted toilet paper cozy out of Reynold's Blizzard Yarn...and one for a beautiful mohair evening bag with beads. I'll try to put the patterns up next time or anyone can feel free to e-mail me and I'll share. My goals for this year are to try an intarsia type project....possibly a Mickey Mouse pillow for my sister....still trying to find a pattern for it, though. Also, want to make the alpaca teddy bear and a lace shawl....which would be new things for me, too. I am very excited to start my first dyeing project using the 100% Duke silk yarn I won on ebay and using Kool-Aid to create a beautiful colorway. I don't know how it'll turn out, but I'm going to try. Would love to hear about anyone else's experiences with Kool Aid. Will write more tommorrow if I can and write in my patterns...does anyone love ebay as much as I do?

No comments: