Friday, July 16, 2010

Almost 10,000 yards of yarn knit up so far in 2010!!



Wow! I just heard that calculating the yardage of your knitting projects is a more accurate way of knowing how much you've knit in a year, compared to the number of projects. Makes sense, doesn't it? I mean, you could have knit tons of tiny projects and it would SOUND awesome, but someone else could've knit one HUGE project and feel inadequate ("Why can't I knit FASTER???").

This way, you really know how much you've knit. I think it's pretty cool. And, being the mathematical geek that I am, I love adding up numbers and organizing my projects. It keeps me motivated and happy.

Wanna know my calculations so far??

(If not, please scroll down to the bottom of this post - LOL!)

So far, if considering all of the projects that I've finished (see list below) this year, I'm up to:

Nine thousand, three hundred, fifty seven and four tenths of yardage!!

9357.4!!!!

And, when I'm finishing sewing up Ben's Log Cabin Square Afghan (with the Cascade Eco+), it'll be over 9835.4!!!

AND....

When I'm finished with my holiday stocking (just finished Ian's), it'll be OVER 10,000!!!!

Makes me feel very, VERY motivated.

You should do the same for yourself. It really makes you feel like you've accomplished something wonderful and will help to get you in gear to finish lots of those UFOs. Try it!!

Okay, here is my list for Finished Objects of 2010 so far:

1. Ben's Hai-Ryo Dragon in Berroco Comfort
2. Bobbi Scarf in Patons Classic Merino
3. Chimera Flower in Valeria di Roma Angora
4. Peresphone Beret in Debbie Bliss Stella
5. Fudge Swirl Cabled Mock Turtleneck sweater in Berroco Ultra Alpaca
6. Cacodemon in Cascade 220 and Lion Brand Fun Fur
7. Eyeballs in a kit from Mary Jane Mucklestone
8. LegoMan in Cascade 220
9. Persephone Beret in Sereknity Sweet
10. Log Cabin Pillow in Noro Kureyon and Cascade Eco+
11. Another Log Cabin Pillow in Noro Kureyon and Cascade Eco+
12. Robin Scarf in Jade Sapphire Cashmere
13. Snowy Night Gansey Holiday Stocking in Cascade Ecological Wool (Ben)
14. Fan Stitch Half Circle Shawl in Ivy Brambles Romantica, Cherry Tree Hill Suri Lace Alpaca and Jaggerspun Zephyr
15. Captain Underpants in Cascade 220
16. Victorian Lace Scarf in JoJoland Cashmere



17. Gate and Ladder Shawl in Kauni
18. Cat's Paw Square Shawl in Aurora Inca Tops
19. Liquorice Lace Shrug in Classic Elite Silky Alpaca Lace
20. Painted Ruffle Scarf in Bashful Bags and Fibers Super Bulky yarn
21. Super Loops Scarf in Bashful Bags and Fiber Super Bulky yarn



22. Snowy Night Gansey Holiday Stocking #2 in Cascade Ecological Wool (Tim)
23. Annis Shawl in Universal yarn Starlight



24. Annis Shawl #2 in Katia Mississippi 3 Solid



25. Hallowig in Berroco Ultra Alpaca
26. Another Hallowig in Berroco Ultra Alpaca (see pic at beginning)
27. Snowy Night Gansey Holiday Stocking #3 in Cascade Ecological Wool (Ian)



AND...when I finished sewing it together...

28. Log Cabin Afghan in Noro Kureyon and Cascade Eco+ (Ben)

I feel soooo knit-motivated now!! Woo-hooo!!!!

(more blogging soon with updates on Dreamscape, shops to buy it in/from and new patterns coming up!)

Happy Knitting to all and to all a good night....

2 comments:

KSee said...

that sure does change the picture of things

Anonymous said...

You are amazing, Gina! I don't want to add my yardage up because it will be so pathetic! I have not completed much this year at all. I seem to be slowing down in my old age - I have soooo many projects I want to do but just can't seem to find the time. I don't know how you do it.