Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Almost Halloween!!



Happy-Almost-Halloween everyone!!! I wish I had some other amazing and scary knits to show you, but this Spider is pretty much all I've got ; P

I feel like it's been very difficult to keep up with my blog now that I have my Ravelry account, you know. Are there still readers keeping up with me on here or are they all over THERE? It's hard to tell, you know? Plus, it's almost like you're sharing information twice and typing it all up over and over again. Mostly, I'll just link over to my Ravelry page so you can see more pictures and get more details, if you're interested. Because, man, my hands are tired of typing sometimes! LOL!

These are the things I have been up to since I wrote last:

1. Working on finishing up my book (which I hope to the Knitting Goddess will be done -and awesome- in the next 2 weeks)

2. Designing new patterns...it's funny...I seem to get MUCH more accomplished when I'm close to a deadline. Anyone else like that?

3. Trying not to overeat so I can lose weight - near the end here on Weight Watchers and finding it MUCH more difficult. (I seem to like the word "much" too much today.)

4. Getting myself (and my patterns/samples) ready for my trunk show/book signing/(and hopefully!) premier of my new book at Fresh Purls yarn store in Providence, RI on Dec. 5th and 6th. You can check out their awesome website HERE (it is SUCH a pretty website and store!) and their blog HERE. You can also read more about it on the Ravelry Event page that I made up HERE. If you're interested or think you can attend, make sure to check the box! I love to check it and see who might be coming to visit me!

(I'll post more on this when it gets closer...)

Now, on to the GOOD STUFF - Finished Objects!!!!

Elijah the Elephant



This was a very cute, quick and enjoyable knit. It's for a gift for a high school friend of mine who is having her very first baby -it's a boy! I'm planning on sending this to her with a quilt I'm making, which I hope to be finished before the year 2020.

Click HERE for more details and pics of this on Ravelry.

Hoot



I found this at the very last minute on Ysolda's blog...it's a tiny little owl that you can make into a barrette. Didn't look so good in my short hair, but I loved knitting it (it took like 5 minutes) and it's such a cute idea.

More about this HERE.

Octopus



Another addictive and super fun amigurumi animal from Hansi Singh's book, Amigurumi Knits...I love that book!! This one was my favorite of the ones I've made so far, I think. I have plans to make everything from this book. It's THAT much fun, really.

More about this project (and great pictures) HERE.

HorseShoe Cap



Everytime I get a new Spin-Off Magazine, I am inspired to knit something from it using my handspun (which I'm sure is one of the main objectives of the magazine...lol!). This one was particularly fun and quick to knit and I loved spinning the yarn as well. I used Ivy Brambles fiber (in Corriedale) in "Fireball" and it's one of my all time fav colorways of IB. So bright and so cheerful. I think I liked this cap so much that I'm going to make another one with my leftover fiber (I only used half of the 4 oz roving). I also submitted this cap to the Spin-Off Magazine gallery, so we'll see if they include it. Cross your fingers!

More details and pics HERE.

Spider!! (as also seen above)



This was one of the more difficult knits (but not horrible, just more pieces to worry about), but I'm very happy with the way he came out. Ben loves, loves him and wanted to make a Halloween movie with Spider as the lead character. Using black pipe cleaners is a MUST for this project!

It's worth it to look at the other pictures I have HERE on Ravelry.

Sea Star



A third amigurumi knit (I told you I liked this book!) that was very, very quick. I've also made an all pink sea star and have been asked by Ben to make him clothes so that he "looks like Patrick" from Spongebob Squarepants. So far, the pink sea star is nude. He might be clothed at some point. This yellow and green one is very pretty and soft.

More details and pics HERE.

Tea Mitten



This is one of my most recent knits (other than my new designs I'm working on) and it was more enjoyable that I thought it would be. Not that it didn't look awesome, but I thought it might be a little boring with just the ribbing in the round. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that it was interesting, fun and truly a great design. It fits my teapot perfectly and I was happy that I got the chance to use up my custom dyed, Sereknity sportweight yarn in "SleepyEyes" colorway. Thanks, Heather!!

More pics (cute ones!) HERE.

So...I guess that's it for now. I have knit about 10 other projects (as well as these) and I hope to share them with you on my next post!! My book should be out in late November, early December, so please keep your eye out for it and spread the news. I'll be offering hard copies for purchase right away here on the blog and probably Ravelry and then pdf copies soon after that.

I hope you're all doing well and I'd love to hear more from you! (oh, and join up to the SleepyHeads group on Ravelry if you haven't already!)

Happy Knitting!!!

4 comments:

pigbook1 said...

you were making the tea cozey and i heard you say mitten and I was thinking wow that is a big mitten until the end when I heard you say tea cozey. I am a dork, but I love all of you projects, so cute!

Anonymous said...

The tea cozy came out really cute. You've really been busy, haven't you. I love all the little critters you've been knitting; I don't have the patience for all the fiddly legs/arms.

You know I'll definitely want a hard copy of your book when you finish it (which I'm sure you'll do with time to spare)!

Jackie said...

I am so super excited to see this book! Not to give anything away, but there's a hat in it that is to-die-for. I'm also really looking forward to your trunk show at Fresh Purls.

Donna said...

Definitely going to the trunk show. Very excited! I will post it on my blog too as it gets closer.

I seem to follow everyone better on their blogs as opposed to Ravelry these days. Not sure why??