I'm very excited to share with you the newest sock book in the knitting world...
This sock book (which is a play on the book, "The Joy of Sex"...with lots of innuendo and flirty sock names) is very special to me - I have 2 sock designs in this book!
"A Roll in the Hay"
And, not only that, but "A Roll in the Hay" is the very FIRST pattern in the book and a picture of it is on the back cover. (On the front cover, is the gorgeous pair of socks ("Takeout for Two") by one of my favorite designers, Cathy Carron.)
AND, not only that...but both of the socks that I designed were knit using the beautiful and amazingly dyed Sereknity yarns by my very talented friend, Heather. She donated both skeins for these designs - Pharoah's Gold in Shimmer for "A Roll in the Hay" and Blue Hawaii in Satin. If you haven't tried knitting with her yarns, please try them now - and with my pattern (he he). Once you try one of her yarns, you will be totally addicted. Her yarns are available on her etsy shop, at The Yarn and Fiber Company in Derry, NH (and online) and also at many other online and New England yarn stores - including The Loopy Ewe and The Yarn Sellar.
AND, not only that...but THIS:
I'm having a prize giveaway that includes:
A FREE copy of the book, "The Joy of Sox" with patterns signed by me (if you are inclined to want such a thing!)
A FREE skein of Sereknity sock yarn in colorway, "Pharoah's Gold"
What do you think of that???
A FREE skein of Sereknity sock yarn in a surprise colorway!
A FREE copy of my "Lisha Lace Scarf" pattern
Small Secret Goodie Item
And, now you're asking..."What do I have to do to win these prizes?"
RULES of GIVEAWAY
1. Read this blog post. If you want to be included in this giveaway, comment on this post with a joy that you get out of sock knitting or handknit socks.
2. Watch out for a new podcast ("The Joy of Sox") link on my blog or iTunes. (Check Wed or Thursday of next week)
3. Download and listen this podcast (Sleepy Eyes Knits).
4. I will give a codeword on the podcast that you will email to me (link for emailing on right on homepage of blog) and I'll enter you into the drawing.
5. Check out the blog on the following Monday to hear who won!
(Winners will be chosen by a random number generator)
Comment..NOW! Good luck!!!
(entries accepted until 10 pm of Sunday, 9/6/09)
P.S. If you'd like to see more pics and read more details of my sock patterns, please check out these Ravelry pages:
A Roll in the Hay and Rock-A-Bye (feel free to favorite them if you want...lol!)
I forgot! Lark Books sent the results to their Sock Questionnaire and here are the results...very interesting!
1. Do you wear socks to bed?
A) Yes 49.38%
B) No 50.62%
2. Do you have a yarn addiction?
A) Yes: big time! 64.32%
B) Maybe, although I'm working on controlling it. 31.95%
C) No--I can quit anytime I want. 3.73%
3. How often do you look at pictures of socks online?
A) 1-3 times per month 14.52%
B) 1-3 times per week 37.34%
C) 1-3 times per day 29.88%
D) More than 3 times a day 18.26%
4. What kind of music do you like to listen to while knitting socks?
A) Rock—It’s perfect for keeping a good pace. 16.96%
B) Classical—I’m classy like that. 9.57%
C) Heavy Metal—The rough stuff is always better. 1.74%
D) Jazz—Perfect for improvisations! 1.30%
E) Country—Laid back makes for smooth knitting. 5.22%
F) Audiobooks—My fingers work best on autopilot. 29.13%
G) Knitting Podcasts—All knitting, all the time. 13.91%
H) None—Silent and devotional! 22.17%
5. Do you prefer playing footsy:
A) Besocked 47.83%
B) Bare-toed 52.17%
6. Be honest, now. How large is your sock stash?
A) One medium-sized rubber storage bin 48.52%
B) Three shelves in my closet 31.65%
C) My stash has its own room! 19.83%
7. What’s your favorite post-sock activity?
A) Posting picks of your creation online 14.64%
B) Getting a hand massage 0.84%
C) Wearing your socks somewhere public 30.13%
D) Starting another pair (of course!) 54.39%
8. How many pairs of hand knit socks do you own?
A) 1–5 29.05%
B) 6–15 39.00%
C) 16–30 21.99%
D) An uncountable mass 9.96%
9. What's your favorite kind of sock yarn?
A) Wool 94.19%
B) Bamboo 3.73%
C) Cotton 1.66%
D) Acrylic 0.41%
10. Which is your most productive sock knitting season?
A) Spring—fresh breezes and pretty flowers are all the inspiration you
B) Summer—those lazy days are perfect for sippin' lemonade and
making socks, too. 24.89%
C) Fall—from Labor Day to the holiday rush, there's no better time to
add to your sock pile. 19.74%
D) Winter—you love to cozy up with a pair of needles and yarn. Let it
11. Do you paint your toe nails?
A) Yes 43.28%
B) Why bother, I’m always wearing socks! 56.72%
12. What’s the most you’ve ever paid for sock yarn?
A) less than $10 1.66%
B) $10--$20 24.48%
C) more than $20 73.86%