Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Bloggiversary to Me!!!!



Yipppeee! It's the 4th Anniversary of my little baby blog. Well, it's more of a preschooler now! he he

Here are the posts from every March 31st since I started this blog, if you're interested in reading them. Most are boring, but one might be cute!

2005 Blog Post...about Lobster Pot Cashmere.

2006 Blog Post...about the Baby Breeze Cardigan.

2007 Blog Post...about a new podcast and visiting The Yarn and Fiber Company.

2008 Blog Post...about the Dragon Scarf and the Phiaro Scarf.

My blog posts have definitely become less frequent since I started, but I think my skills have improved and my interest has definitely deepened. I love spinning, too, and have completed three handspun yarns for projects since January, which is a miracle, in my mind. LOL! I've actually had this obsession with crochet lately and I have this feeling that I REALLY want to crochet the Sweet Pea baby blanket (it would be for me....he he) shown in the newest Lion Brand catalog. But, maybe with something other than that yarn. But, I'm not discounting it. The colors are pretty cute. I wish the Cascade 220 Superwash came in the same colors as the 220 regular. Then, I'd be using that in a second!

Anyway, not much going on this week so far. Been doing a lot of yoga (I signed up for a class at the Yoga Sanctuary in Windham, NH and it's a great class), exercising and trying to lose 2 more pounds in the next 2 weeks. One of my goals is to lose 60 pounds in 6 months, which ends April 15 th. Wish me luck!!!

Knitting: Working on finishing up Tim and Ben's Hai-Riyo dragons (see progress pic at start) before Easter. They're very easy to knit, but have a lot of little pieces and there'll be a LOT of sewing up.

Spinning: Just finished knitting the Amy beret with my 4oz. of Polward handspun (red/pink) and hope to post pictures very soon- just blocking it on a plate now...had NO idea you had to do this.

Quilting: Didn't start on my quilt yet, but I think I'll start it right after my birthday in May - that way I'll be done with all of the knitting toys I'm making and I can at least start cutting up my blocks and figuring out a layout for them. The colors are soo pretty and soothing. I can't wait to get going on it. I know people have said I'm crazy, but I'm going to do all of the quilting by hand. Though, I might do the piecing by machine. We'll see....

Anyone have any great tips or links for very easy, patchwork quilts? (not tied, though) I've never made one, so I'll take all the help I can get. Thank you!!!!

Hug Hug, Kiss Kiss
oooo, xxxx

7 comments:

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

Happy Bloggiversary. I can't believe it's been four years!

Unknown said...

Happy Bloggoversary! Congrats!

Leslie said...

Happy Bloggoversary! Could it be that your kids have been demanding more of your time or knitting and yoga are more important than blogging. Anyhoo, I am glad when you do post.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary, Gina!

Good luck with the 2 pounds - you can do it! You've done so incredibly well this far.

XOXO

Jeanne said...

congratulations on your anniversary! i just happened to find you while surfing ravelry and wanted to look at the Amanda hat pattern. for some reason i cannot get anything to show up in my Acrobat Reader window when i double click on the pattern name. i'm puzzled because on first try i got the Armando hat downloaded just fine. but after that i couldn't make anything happen. can i only get one per day or something?

Leslie said...

i want to see dragons, how kewl! You have been so busy, I am not surprised tho, having a life will do that. Great to see you blogging again tho.