Friday, August 08, 2008

1/2 FO Friday: Poseidon Sock #1



Last year, I bought this kit from the Tsock Tsarina.

I brought it with me on our trip to the Bahamas, but never knit more than a few rows while I was there.

For a whole year, I had only a short row toe done and a few rows of the foot.

NOW, I have a WHOLE SOCK done!!! Woo-hoo!

I'm writing this up as if I finished the whole pair, but I really have one more sock to go. This is just easier...

DETAILS

Yarn: Jennifer's Flock Sock yarn (80% superwash merino, 20% nylon), colorway Thalassa
Pattern: Poseidon, see link above
Needle: Size US1 (2.25 mm), magic loop on KP Harmony
Time: Well, started on Oct 2007....and only have 1 done. Maybe be done with second sock by Oct 2008.
Fun: I'd say A-/B+ (Reason- I loved the yarn, loved the color of the yarn and the directions were somewhat complex, but made every knitting the sock very interesting and not at all boring. I'm excited that I learned to use the Russian Loop method of outlining shapes in knitwear and I was able to brush up on my short row toe/heel experience, which is low. The only thing I was slightly unhappy with was the lace edging on the cuff of the sock. It knit up wonderfully, but it doesn't lay flat against the sock...even with washing, blocking and steaming...and, dare I say, ironing. Not sure why, but this is the only part that doesn't look awesome.)

Wanna see more pics?

1. Another view of sock-



2. Close up of Dolphins -



3. Sock on Blocker -



You can see here that my sock looks a bit big. And it is. I think my row gauge was off...when I started it, my gauge was fine....but after so many months of not knitting it, I think my gauge became looser (aren't I loose enough already???).

Overall, I'm really happy and it's a great sock. I'd love to get the Flaming Bird (I don't think that's the right name...) sock kit at some point. The Tsock Tsarina is an amazing designer!!

So...what do you think?

1 comment:

Jackie said...

That sock is gorgeous! I love the dolphins.