Monday, July 16, 2007
Off the Beaten Path...
This really isn't about knitting, but I wanted to show you some gorgeous photos from Ian's hike to Mt. Katadun in northern Maine. They're just breathtaking!
Above: Chimney Pond
Pamola Peak Knife Edge
Ian and Gopi Taking a Break (Apparently, he's trying to fly to the top of the mountain...)
Gopi, Ian and Dan at the Cabin (Gopi and Dan are his co-workers. Ian is in the middle.)
Oh, it just looks so peaceful, doesn't it? Ian had a blast and, despite being very sore, was pretty happy : )
I DO have pics of the Knit and Crochet show and also of the Manchvegas Knitters (including a fantastic picture of Jackie, but my camera's battery is dead and currently charging, so I can't get the pics off until it's done. I had such a fun time...and, OH, the YARNS!!!!
But, as a teaser:
1. I did finish Ben's socks last night (while watching the new Harry Potter movie...OMG...I loved it! Ericka, were you drooling as much as I was??) Socks came out really great and Ben's been wearing them ALL DAY so far!
2. I had my xrays done this morning. I wish my camera had been working because the sweet radiologist let me see my skull on the digital xray screen. It was so cool. It's amazing how great your head can look without the skin and bloody stuff. My bones are pretty neat! I'll know the results on Friday. Cross your fingers!
3. I was still feeling sick with headaches after taking my antibiotics, so I talk to someone at my dr's office and..do you know what? The bottle says to take the antibiotics on an EMPTY STOMACH with lots of water. The nurse said, "Oh, no. I don't know why it says that. You should definitely be eating something first." Oh, man.
4. I bought yarn for a certain summer sweater that I've been eyeing for months now. Can you guess what it is and what yarn I bought? (Manchvegans already know...)
5. Make an estimate of how many times I (as Laurin calls it) " squealed" at yarns and patterns on Saturday? (Hint: it's more than once)
Well, hope you are having a prolific knitting (or spinning week) and next post should have lots of pics and yarn porn. Woo-hoo!
P.S. Last call for favorite knitting book(s) for the podcast......comment or email me : )