Whoa...yesterday was the Package Parade! I got all but one of the packages I was waiting for. Woo-hoo!
I know it's Friday, and I do have an FO, so I'll give pics and be quick....
1. The Knit Picks order that our group made....lots of GREAT stuff!
(this is minus my own yarn, which is being used for secret things...)
2. The awesome, luxury fiber from Peculiar Ambitions, which is a blend of angora, cashmere, alpaca, and merino.....(droool)...how can you get anything better than that? Wonderful Cayli recommended this fiber store to me. Thanks, Cayli!
3. Finally used the gc that Ian got me for Valentine's Day and got this yarn for my Wicked Sweater from Dream Weaver Yarns. It's Berroco's Soft Twist and I got it on sale for only $3.96 a skein!!! I wanted the gray color only (but they only had 2 more of those and I can't possibly cover my bosom with 2 skeins of yarn), but I had to get the blue...it's still pretty nice.
4. I had some money left over from the sweater yarn, so I got these two balls of Berroco Boho, which was also on sale. (I got 11 skeins of yarn total for $50! Pretty sweet!) This yarn is a mixture of ribbon and tubular yarns that stripe, so it should be cool. Not sure what I'll do with it yet, though.
5. This didn't actually come in the mail, but I got these two delicious smelling bars of "Brownie Batter" soap (the newest scents) from Ericka of Armed with Pointy Sticks and her Down to Hearth line of soaps. One is for ME and the other for my sis, Kim. Yummy!
6. On Wednesday night knitting group, a new lady and her friend showed up. The lady, Faye, was actually trying to GIVE AWAY her spinning fiber for FREEE! (Ericka and I looked at each other and were like, "I WANT IT!". Chris went out to Faye's car to get the bag o' fiber for us to fight over...luckily, everything was nice, so it wasn't hard to share. We even saved the third ball of fiber for Heather, though if she hadn't come, I think there might have been a wresting match over it....LOL...only joking....I have SO much fiber that I could build my own house of it and Ericka just started, so I was more than happy to give her first choice. I love the one I got, though....a pale gray Border Leicester wool. It'll be scratchy, but I might make some heavy duty mittens with them or ply them with something softer. Thanks, Faye!!!
7. This is the progress I've made on two of my OTN projects. One, the Tote'M bag:
and, two, the Sweater Sampler:
(Did you see the side placket with button? Very cool and fun to make!)
8. The new book by Barbera Albright, called "The Natural Knitter". Not only does this book have GREAT information on picking and knitting with natural fibers, but there is also some information on spinning, carding, and dyeing yarn. The pictures are absolutely gorgeous and I can't stop looking at this book. It's worth every penny!
(like the sheets on my bed?)
9. Finally, a very small sneak peek of the FO OPYF design pattern that I finished and took pics of today. I don't want to show too much or anything, but here is a hint....
Will be working on the new podcast this weekend and hope to get it out next week. Hope you all have a super weekend with lots of knitting and FUN!
G : )