Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Oh, no...I'm Flat Again

Sorry...this is not a reference to my bust, but to the tire on my car. Friday, on my way to Ben's 4 year check up, I was driving along the main road that runs past my street and heading East....and about 1/2 mile along, I see a black thing in the road. At first, it looks like a garbage bag, but as I drove closer, I realized it was a piece of spikey black plastic (which later turned out to be someone's license plate holder...with plate still attatched). I wasn't able to drive around it...a car was coming the other way, so I was forced to drive over it or drive into a tree. I picked the black thing.

Unfortunately, I got an immediate flat tire and I was barely able to drive to the side of the road. We don't have any car road service at the moment (i know...dumb), so I called Ian at work and he was able to come and help me change it (since I've never done it before myself) since it was his lunch hour. It was freezing cold and wet out, so it wasn't at all fun for Ian. But, he was awesome and fixed it quickly. We ended up going out to lunch, too, and that was fun.

The funny thing is that this is the second flat tire I've gotten in the past month or two...ON THE SAME ROAD!!!! It's crazy!

When I got home, I noticed how pretty the ice looked on the branches of the lilac tree and had to take a pic...isn't it cool?



Here is the pic of the trees in front of our house during the ice storm when they were folded over onto themselves in view of my living room window:



Now, between the ice storm, my two flat tires, my HUGE banking mistake (which I chose to atone for with a few unspeakable, passionate acts toward my husband) and then our boiler breaking this morning/last night...so our house was FREEZING until noon....I don't know if our luck is finally up for changing. I hope so. At least Ben and I had the wood stove to huddle by...since I was told NOT to leave the house if the boiler guys were coming at some unknown time to do some fixin'. I think it's time for some MAJOR good stuff to happen, don't you?

And, how can good stuff pass us by when we have this adorable bunny face in residence???

You cute, Little Cocoa!



Happy Knitting and wish me luck on finishing the One Planet Yarn and Fiber third pattern! I'm almost done...and I can't wait to show off pics!!!

BTW, if you send me an Odeo message (link at right in blue cloud) by Friday night, I will put you in a drawing for a goodie bag of yarn, a new measuring tape (a pretty one!) and candy! Click and record...NOW! (thanks!)

9 comments:

Jackie said...

Argh! How frustrating!

I for one cannot WAIT for the pattern to be published. I'll bet it's awesome, whatever it is.

GamecockDoc said...

Being the good girl that I am, I of course did exactly as I was told and recorded a message for you. Don't know if it went through though as the page kinda froze up on me. Doh! Anyways, hope you warm up. And I love the tree shots. I LOVE ice storms for just that reason - the trees look amazing. At least until they take out some powerlines.

Anonymous said...

Gina, I wanted to laeve you an Odeon but I don't have a mic...I wonder if there is a way to record it on my mp3 player thing as a .wav and send it??

See you tomorrow night at knitting, and I will bring that Regia sock yarn if you are still interested in swapping!

Melissa

M said...

Sorry to hear about your flat tire Gina! I'm wondering what kind of auto insurance you have? Some auto insurance companies (like Progressive) will send someone out to fix your flat and it's either free or a very nominal charge--can't remember but I did have to use this service once--almost the exact same scenario you described, and it was a lifesaver!

Melody

M said...

Sorry to hear about your flat tire Gina! I'm wondering what kind of auto insurance you have? Some auto insurance companies (like Progressive) will send someone out to fix your flat or bring you gas, if you run out, and it's either free or a very nominal charge--can't remember but I did have to use this service once--almost the exact same scenario you described, and it was a lifesaver!

Melody

Anonymous said...

oh a flat tire that stinks! the only time my hubby & i had to change one was on our honeymoon in ireland. but that is a whole other story. i wanted to leave you a message, but i think i must be crazy because i can't find the button to do it!

Gina House said...

M...thanks for the car advice...I'll have to check into my service...and see....

Jen, I'm sorry I couldn't email you directly...there was no link or email for me to find you....but if you go to the home page of my blog and look for the BLUE CLOUD...it will say, "Send me an Odeo". Click on that and it will take you to a page to fill in your email, an optional text message and a button to click on to record your voice message to me. Once the message is recorded, it lets you play it back to preview before you send it.

So far, I haven't gotten any Odeo messages, but I think a lot of people have tried. If you go to the Odeo.com website, I think there might be information on what to use as a microphone. Most laptops have a built in microphone, so you only have to talk towards the screeen and it will record.

Thanks to everyone and happy knitting!

Rositta said...

I wish you better days ahead. All those bad things will come to an end...I tried your oreo also but I think the microphone on my laptop is shot and I don't have video stuff, but I did write a message....:)ciao

Kimberly said...

Oh no, how horrible!! Bad things come in threes and that was three, right? It must change for the better now!! I'm banking on it. I can't wait to see your patterns!!