Friday, September 29, 2006

FO FRIDAY!!!



Hello wonderful blog readers! Today, is the first EVER FO Friday!!! (No, it's not f*uck off, Friday...though, if you have a situation that calls for such a title, then I urge you to use it! LOL!)

I have been SO lucky to have had such a patient family (and sometimes friends) this year that I was able to finish so many knitted/dyed/spun projects. I had much, much fun doing all of them and, in most cases, learning new and exciting techniques. And, in other cases, perfecting my "FRIGGIN" knitting, as coined by the Awesome Amanda.

Sadly, I am too lazy to actually post pictures of all of my projects or links to where they are. It's just too big a job for such a rainy and cruddy day. But, I will try to add a pic or two here or there of my favorites. I would LOVE to get comments from any and all of you reading about your favorites from my list and any comments you might have (please, be kind...I have a sensitive spirit).

Ready, set....here we go!

KNITTING PROJECTS (Absolutely finished projects from Jan 2006 until now)

1. IPod Holder (Knit Picks pattern and KP sock yarn in Hawaii) for Ann.
2. Fushia Scarf (Own pattern, handspun cotswold wool in a fushia colorway) for Me.
3. Sandstone Socks (Socks That Rock yarn in Sandstone, not sure pattern) for Ian.
4. Baby Vest (Rowan pattern, Rowan 2 ply Soft yarn in Frosty White) for Baby Katharine.
5. Cashmere Lace Shawl (Robin Pascal 100% handpainted cashmere, shawl pattern) for Amy.
6. Angora Baby Booties (Last Minute Knitted Gifts pattern, Soft pink Valeria di Roma angora) for Baby Katharine.*
7. Cotton Baby Hat (Last Minute Knitted Gifts pattern, 1824 cotton in lilac) for Baby Katharine.
8. Northern Lights Mittens (Knit Picks pattern and KP Palette yarns) for Me.*
9. Red Angora Ribbon Scarf (Kit pattern, Fonty red angora and ribbon yarns) for Grandma Chin.
10. Fiesta Scarf (My own pattern, Plymouth Italian Fiesta Boucle yarn in blue/lavender) for Mom.
11. Baby Blanket (Knitting for Baby by Melanie Falick pattern, Orchid Fluff mohair blend yarn) for Baby Katharine.
12. Wallaby (Wallaby pattern, Zitron Lofty yarn in color 570) for Ben.*
13. Moebius Felted Basket (Cat Bordhi pattern, Manos del Uruguay wool in color 116) for Me.
14. Short Row Hat (Veronick Avery pattern, Karaoke yarn color 278) for A Knitter's Garden.*
15. Felted Rose Bag (Creative Knitting mag pattern, Karaoke yarn in colors 297 & 294) for Me.
16. Mohair Shawl (My own pattern, Russian wool/mohair yarn in blue/turquoise/white) for Grandma Heath.
17. Baby Neckdown Cardigan (Knitting Pure and Simple pattern, Heritage Breeze yarn turquoise color) for A Knitter's Garden.
18. Jaywalkers (Grumperina pattern, Regia sock yarn color 5048) for Me.
19. Streakers Shrug (Interweave Knits pattern by Pam Allen, Peru Luxury Bulky yarn in color 106) for Me.
20. Easter Socks (My own pattern and handpainted, self striping yarn 100% merino ww) for Me.
21. Sister's Socks (My own pattern, Opal sock yarn color 1237) for my sister Kim.
22. Kitten Scarf (My own pattern, Berroco Softy yarn color 2967, periwinkle) for Me.
23. Taupe Teddy Socks (My own pattern, Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino color taupe) for Ben.
24. Moc Croc Socks (Knit Picks pattern, Trekking sock yarn color 109) for Me.
25. Booga Bag (Black Sheep pattern, Noro Kuryeon in 5 leftover colorways) for KSKS Pal.
26. Estonian Puppet (Spin Off pattern, my own handspun yarns bfl/silk, merino/angora blend) for Me.*
27. Mini Sock Pin (My own pattern, leftover pink angora yarn) for Me.
28. Broad Ripple Socks (Knitty pattern, Cascade Fixation in purple varigated color) for Me.
29. Perdita (Knitty pattern in Bluebells, DMC Perle cotton color b5200) for Me.
30. Perdita (Knitty pattern in Lilacs, DMC Perle cotton color 3325) for Me.
31. Nichole Camisole (White Lies Designs pattern, Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb in color lipstick red) for Me.
32. Moss Grid Hand Towel (Mason Dixon Knitting pattern, Euroflax linen color emerald) for Me.
33. IPod Holder (Knit Picks pattern, KP Sock Garden yarn in Star Gazer Lily) for Me.
34. Goody Gumdrops Socks (My own pattern, Sereknity yarn in Goody Gumdrops self stripe) for Me.
35. Smocked Gauntlets (Sereknity pattern, Sereknity yarn in What Else, Watermelon) for Me.*
36. House Slippers (Knit 2 Together pattern, Classic Elite Montera yarn in colors 3831 and 3837) for Me.
37. Berry Hat (Fiber Trends pattern, Lamb's Pride worsted yarn in fushia and pine tree) for Baby Katharine.
38. Berry Mittens (Fiber Trends pattern, Lamb's Pride worsted yarn in fushia and pine tree) for Baby Katharine.
39. Jaywalkers (Grumperina pattern, Yarn Botanika's sock yarn in Marigolds/Tiger Lily) for Me.

*These items were especially fun and interesting for me to knit. Some pictured below*




SPINNING PROJECTS (Fiber and what I named it)

1. Halcyon Yarn's White Merino and purple Corriedale wool, 2 ply....Grape Candycane
2. Pinkish/Wine Wool roving from Ericka, 1 ply...Mauve-Ulous
3. 100% Peach silk plied with silver thread, 2 ply....Canned Peaches & Cream
4. Border Leicester spun for Joanne, 2 ply....English Garden*
5. All About Heather's pink wool roving, 2 ply...Bubble Gum
6. Yarn Botanika's wool/tussah silk blend, 2 ply...Black Raspberry Swirl
7. Yarn Botanika's Bejeweled corriedale, 2 ply...Blueberry Pie*
8. PluckyFluff's rainbow batt, 1 ply...Birthday Aftermath
9. Greenwood Fiberworks merino/silk/angelina fiber, 2 ply...Lemon Meringue
10. Rose Garden Fiber's BFL/angora, 2 ply....Cotton Candy
11. Greenwood Fiberworks wool blend/angelina, 2 ply....Fireworks
12. Yarn Botanika's Lipstick wool blend, 2 ply...one with itself and one with LH Glisten...Red Hot
13. Yarn Botanika's handcarded blf/tussah silk, 2 ply...Periwinkle Party*
14. White angora/merino blend, 2 ply...White Cloud
15. Rose Garden Fiber's muliticolor bfl batt, 1 ply...Rainbows*
16. WEBS 100% cashmere tawny color, 2 ply...Cuddle Me*
17. Fiberfly's Ramboillet/angora "Grapes on a Farm", 1 ply...Mermaid Magic
18. Merino batt in bllues/purples/turquoise, 1 ply...Donna's Deep Sea
19. Border Leicester/Kid Mohair in yellows, Navajo Plied....Banana Bubbles
20. Yarn Botanika's "Wildflowers" alpaca/silk/merino, 2ply....Candy Lipsticks
21. 100% Tussah silk in pinks and creams, 1 ply...Strawberry Milkshake
22. 100% Tussah silk in tans, blues and greens, 1 ply...Sand & Seasprites
23. Ashland Bay Merino handpaint in blues/purples/wines, 2 ply....Rose's Wine
24. Spunky Eclectis's pale green wool blend with nylon sparkle, 2 ply with 100 glass beads...Honeydew

*These were especially fun to spin and pictured below*




DYEING PROJECTS (Type of Yarn, Name and Who it was for/Bought it)

1. Fingering weight merino, "Sunrise", Julie
2. Handspun 2 ply, "Berries & Cream", Laura
3. Worsted weight merino, "Easter", Me
4. Nylon novely yarn, "Jiggly Jello", Julie
5. Worsted weight wool, "Green Apple Martini", Julie
6. Superwash merino fingering, "Denim, Lemons and Lilacs", Jackie
7. Mohair/woo/nlyon blend, "Kiss Me Softly, Heather*
8. Superwash merino, "Watermelon Self-Striping", Laurin
9. Merino worsted weight, "SweetTarts", Lucille
10. Superwash merino/tencel, "Violets for Rose", Rose*
11. Same as above for someone else
12. Superwash fingering merino, "Aquarium", Heather*
13-15. 100% Duke silk, "Summer Garden", "Melon Sundae", "Lakeside", Laurin
16. Superwash merino fingering, "Tomato Salsa", Laura
17. Superwash merino sportweight, "Twillight Serenity", Dyeorama gift
18. Superwash fingering merino, "Satin Sheets and Lingerie", Trek*
19. Superwash merino fingering, "Mother Earth's Garden", Bev
20. Worsted weight merino, "Beach Comber", Laura
21. Superwash merino/tencel, "Good and Plenty", Jackie*
22. Worsted weight merino, "Summer Wine", Carol
23. Worsted weight merino, "Winter Waters", Carol
24. Worsted weight merino, "Sleepy Sunset", Julie...not sure if yarn name is correct.

*These were especially fun to dye and came out better than I expected. Pictured below*




Wow! I've been busy, I guess. Happy FO FRIDAY!!! Send me links to your blog if you've also participated in this so I can check out all your hard work! Kisses!

9 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

First off, congrats on all of those wonderful creations! Second, thank you for the inspiration and the kick in the pants to get some of my own WIP's FINISHED! :)

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Wow! I am so jealous that you have all the time to make everything. Well done!
=:8

Anonymous said...

When do you have time to eat/sleep/ breathe? Geez, you're making the rest of us look bad. Seriously, the estonian hand puppet is one of my favorites. It's so amazing!

Nikkiana said...

Oh gosh! I adore that pink, grey and white yarn!

YarnB said...

Wow, I can't believe your list. I am just not getting enough of my "own" creative time in lately and it is so hard!!

Gigi said...

Holy Moley Batman! You have been a very busy girl. I think my favorite is the sheep hand puppet. (What can I say, I am a child at heart.) I made it to vote for you sock today. Just in time too as it is the last day for voting. I actually had to call and cast my vote as chatting at the check out made me forget to fill out a ballot! I wish you luck.

Lora said...

Jeeeeeeez Gina!!! Leave something for the rest of us to finish!! I apparently F*ed off too much Friday and forgot to post!! I'll try next Friday! Maybe my socks will be done?!? who knows!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you've been that busy. Go, girl!! I just adore that puppet! I had that magazine in my hand when I was in the States just for that reason but because I was buying so much, I decided not to buy it. He's so cute. Oh well.
Your yarn is also soo gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is baby Katharine's mom, and I had to post to say wow! We are so lucky to have you as a friend. I recently tried Katharine's purple hat on her and almost cried because she's outgrown it, and then today we opened a package with the berry hat and mittens. They are adorable!!! And the hat has a little room to grow, so she should be wearing it all season. Yay!

Everything you make is so beautiful.

-Margaret