Hi KSKS buddy! Before I list my favorite stuff, I want to show a couple pics...the first is some of the gorgeous, ruby jewel-like roses that I found in the yard yesterday...WOW! Aren't they fantastic?
Next, is the KSKS bag I knit for my own KSKS buddy....a Booga Bag out of the leftovers of 5 balls of Noro Kureyon of my other knitting friends' bags...thanks Donna, Amanda, Ericka, and Laurin!
Okey, dokey....here's my answers to the KSKS questionnaire:
1. What are your favorite colors? Pink, pastels of all colors, vibrant and soft blues and fushia, royal purple.
2. Are you a new sock knitter? Nope. How long have you been knitting socks? I've been knitting socks for about 3 years.
3. Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? I think I'd prefer a multicolor sock yarn, but if it's one of my favorite colors, I would also like solids...or semi-solids..even better.
4. What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? I prefer superwash wool, tencel and/or silk. I really hate knitting with cotton or acrylic...kills my hands!
5. Where do you usually knit socks? I knit my socks anywhere...with the kiddies, while cooking, waiting in lines and sitting down.
6. How do you usually carry/store small projects? I have cool sock bags from Trek and also my super friend, Jackie.
7. What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? I love Fiber Trends sock patterns and also Knitting Pure and Simple. I'm not too fussy about patterns...as long as they aren't for knee high socks!
8. What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? I use dpns, 2 circs and will sometime try the Magic Loop.
9. What new techniques would you like to try? Magic Loop
10. Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? Well, I prefer dpns if it's something quick and easy but 2 circs if it's a more challenging pattern.
11. What are some of your favorite yarns? LOVE, LOVE Socks that Rock, Lorna's Laces, Cherry Tree Hill Supersock yarn and Yarn Botanika sock yarns.
12. What yarn do you totally covet? Socks that Rock...in any color.
13. Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
14. Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? For dpns,, Clover Takumi bamboo or Crystal Palace bamboo or circs, I prefer Addi Turbos (silver is best, but naturals are good, too).
15. If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Probably I'd be La Gran Mohair in pale pink...something warm, soft, snuggly, slightly puffy (aka busty), strong on the inside and reliable. Also, rarely, somewhat clingy.
16. Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Chocolate!!! (milk with toffee or with nuts or anything) I also really like Pear JellyBelly Jelly Beans.
17. What’s your favorite animal? Dragonfly
18. Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? Two black cats (Mr. B and Jack, both male...9 and 7) and one white angora bunny (8 months) named Miss Tubbsie.
19. If you were a color what color would you be? Pale, fuzzy pink
20. Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s)....uh, I like a v-neck tshirt that's soft, a color I like and is feminine and pretty....Old Navyhas good stuff.
21. What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Flowers and trees in New Hampshire.
22. Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read: Well, I would if I could remember it...something about you can never have enough books or yarn, which is SO true.
23. Do you have a wishlist? Yes, it's on Amazon...look under Gina House...(did I really need to say that? duh)
**and yes, I PROMISE to put up my Toasty Teddy Toddler Socks pattern tomorrow!**
Have a SUPER day!!! G : )