Thursday, March 02, 2006

Belligerent Birthday Scarf


MomScarf
Originally uploaded by yogagardengirl32.
A birthday scarf I made for my mom while at the knitting weekend....(finished it at home, though). I have to say that the yarn for this scarf (no matter how nicely it came out and how silky it felt when complete) is CRAP! Utter crap. At $13.50 a skein (needed 3 skeins for it), it was not worth the effort I put into it.

I don't know if it was my needles or what, but everything - and I mean everything- caught on this Plymouth Italian Collection Fiesta Boucle (I think it was Fiesta....) yarn...my skin, my nails, my needle...anything that was within 10 inches of this thing snagged it. It was worse than cotton to knit with. Ugh...arrrgh!

The colors are beautiful and the silky feel on the back of a bare neck is just great, but I don't recommend knitting with this yarn. At least by itself, anyway.

My mom seemed to like it (I think), so that's all that matters.

Right? (Feel free to disagree with me)

No comments: