Thursday, February 16, 2006

Taking a TEENY Time Out


CottonBabyHat
Originally uploaded by yogagardengirl32.
Okay, I know I should be starting on my second Northern Lights mitten for the KO. BUT, I feel like I completely absorbed those 7 colors and now I can't bear to look at them for one day. Just one day.

SO....I decided to knit two tiny baby things for the upcoming baby girl of my husband's friend.

The book by Joelle Hoverson, "Last Minute Knitted Gifts", is pretty much my favorite knitting pattern book to date. Not that others aren't as good, but this one just has everything I love and organized just right for me. (The website.... http://www.purlsoho.com ....is completely and utterly my favorite luxury online yarn store...next to Knit Picks, of course) If you haven't knit anything from this, you MUST. NOW! (well, maybe you can wait a day or so....)

This cotton baby hat is made with less than one skein of Mission Falls 1824 cotton in the color Lilac. Totally soft, nubby and not as annoying to knit with as most cotton are...normally, I'm very anti-knitting cotton, but I made an exception this time due to the great yarn and very easy and enjoyable pattern. I believe you only need one skein for either of the two larger sizes as well.

As you can see, this is very cute and the icord tie makes it adjustable to tiny pumpkin heads to giant baby melons....very nice!

2006 Knitting project #3 done! (not counting all the other UFOs at this point...soon...soon...they will be done, too!)

No comments: