Sunday, February 12, 2006

Red Ribbon Remembrance


RedAngoraRibbonScarf
Originally uploaded by yogagardengirl32.
This is my third finished knitting project this year (not counting the ones in progress or my handspun yarns)....it is a red angora and ribbon scarf for my chinese grandmother. I'll be seeing her in a week or two and I hope to give it to her then.

She's had cancer for at least a year now (I lost my grandfather to cancer as well when I was 10) and she's hung on for as long as she could. She'll be going into a Hospice in Rhode Island (that's where I was born) and I plan to visit her with my sister and Mom on the 20th.

She's always loved red and that's also a very lucky color for the Chinese. I hope she'll hold it, feel it's super silky softness and know how much I love her.

Yarn used: Fonty Angora/wool blend and Fonty Serpentine Ribbon....both in red

Added small, glass rainbow red cube beads on the ends of the fringe. It looks more beautiful in person...like my grandmother.

No comments: