Thursday, February 09, 2006

Lilac And Lamb


LilacAndLamb
Originally uploaded by yogagardengirl32.
The day was smiling on me....what a beautiful picture this is! Taking pictures outside is just the best....if it wasn't so darn cold all the time I'd take more out there. Should be able to soon since spring is so near. (or at least I'm willing it to be!)

This is the second skein I've spun for Joanne of The Knitted Garden in Chester, NH. This skein is even a little prettier than the last one...more purple in this one, I think. The yardage is slightly less, though....like 70 yards instead of 75. Here's the "SKEIN INFO":

100% Leicester Lamb, Handspun on Drop Spindle
Color: English Garden (I chose this...)
Yardage: 70
WPI (wraps per inch): 8 (making it either heavy worsted, bulky or super bulky...depending on what chart you consult)
Stitches Per Inch: 3 to 3.5
Needle Size: 9-11 (American)

If you look closely, you can see that the yummy yarn is nestled in the fork of my oh-so-awesome lilac tree, which will be blooming in the next 2 months or so, I think. Now, I don't know if it's a tree exactly...I always thought that lilacs only came in bushes, but this "bush" is at least 10 feet high, maybe higher. What's up with that?

You can also see my new business card (I seem to order them monthly...thank goodness for Vistaprint!)....had to get new ones this time because of our address/phone change and all that. I was also able to add my blog addy to the last line, which was cool. Plus, don't you just love the pic on top? So serene and peaceful....a perfect representation of knitting, spinning, yoga and Reiki.

What do you think?

No comments: