Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Day 4: Easily Excited


Day4NMittens
Originally uploaded by yogagardengirl32.
OOOH! I'm feeling lots of excitement now....in the knitting way, I mean : P

The star pattern on the back of the mitten is turning out.....let me be less than modest here....friggin' awesome!

Even though moving the yarns back and forth (thank goodness it's only two colors per row) is a pain in the butt (or as we *partly* French people might say....ASS!), the results more than make up for it....as you can see from this slightly dark, but accurate, pic.

I can't tell you how excited I am to finish up the star part and begin the decreasing for the fingertips. EEE!

My oldest son, Tim, said to me last night, "Mom, can I have those mittens when you're done? I promise to wear them every day!"

And feeling so much love for him (as I always do), I took a deep breath, smiled and said, "Uh....I'll think about it."

(May not win Generous Mom of the Year award, but HELL, it's my NORTHERN LIGHTS MITTEN for goodness sake!)

*I still might give them to him...of all of the men in my life, he'd be the one to appreciate them the most....he loves the 2 pairs of socks I've knit him and all the teddy bears, etc. And I love him : )*

No comments: