Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Dyeing Yarn Part II...entry 1


UndyedYarn
Originally uploaded by yogagardengirl32.
This is my second attempt at dyeing yarn. ( I'm not sure exactly which order my pictures will be arranged in my blog....either they'll be nicely in order or backwards. If backwards, please read from the bottom up...if you are unable to do this, imagine that you're just seeing the process in reverse, which may be very interesting anyway.)

I received a large skein of natural wool from a friend of a friend who was giving it as a gift in return for some mittens I knit for her cold Wisconsin hands. I almost gave it away to someone else (didn't know what I'd do with it), but realized it would be the perfect yarn for attempting another dyeing project. I also remembered to tie it in FOUR places, not just two! : )

No comments: