Monday, August 08, 2005

Knittin' and Movin'

Not spending as much time as I'd like knitting lately. We're moving on the 18th to Londonderry and there's TONS to do! Luckily, being a very time efficient knitter, I've started knitting while I'm walking and while the kids are playing at the playground or the Met. I bought a Lantern Moon pink taffeta bag which goes right over your wrist.....I can knit and everything stays nicely with me. HIGHLY recommended...and only about 10 bucks.

I took a ride to Charlotte's Web yarn store in Exeter to purchase 3 skeins of the Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande....oohhhh....the best yarn ever! It's like cashmere, but puffier and silkier....and much less expensive (though it didn't stop me from buying the Plymouth Royal Cashmere in a gorgeous, earthy purple on a subsquent visit!). I'm knitting a thick, warm scarf for a friend of mine who is living in the wilderness of Winsconsin for a year. This is something I'd never do....I'm more of a need-a-toilet-and-cozy-chair-and-chinese-food-every-day type of girl. I guess I could do it if I had to, but I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to outdoor activities.

Finished knitting a tank top for my sister in law in Classic Elite Premiere yarn (50% cotton 50% tencel) and it came out great! The tank top is a bit heavy, but oh-so-soft....for cotton anyway. I added a crocheted ruffled border on the bottom and she really liked it. I usually hate knitting with cotton since it's so inflexible, but this one wasn't bad and the stitch definition was very good.

Next month, I'm going to do a review of the Knit Picks line of yarns that I've bought. So far, I must say I'm impressed. Will also review 3 knitting books, including: (Linda Guy's Hand Knits for Kids, Knitted Babes and Socks-Socks-Socks)

Off to knit!

No comments: