Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Sorrow, Stress, Socks and Such

I can't believe it's been so long since I've made an entry. We're still in the process of trying to buy the house we want in Londonderry and selling our house. The stress is horrible. I read somewhere that moving is one of the top most stressful things to happen in your life. I didn't believe it then, but I believe it now! Thank the Knitting Goddess for the art of knitting because I wouldn't be able to relax at all if it wasn't for knitting.

I'm just finishing up on Tim's socks and they're coming out so nicely. I've been using the 2 circular needle technique and it's amazing how fast and easy it is to finish the pair...I got the pattern from the new Debbie Macomber book, A Good Yarn. I'm using Mountain colors Barefoot yarn (which is a superwash wool and mohair blend) in Ruby River. Tim (my 12 year old) loves them so far and can't wait to wear them in the fall.

I'm also working on my scarf with the yarn I got from Ebay from Shellfibers....Rose Garden Fibers....in a wool, angora and sparkly blend, which is super soft and beautiful. The color is called Summer Rose and it's just beautiful...I think I already described it in my last blog? I love this woman's handspun, handpainted yarn. It's wonderful! I'm going to add some rose and lime colored glass beads to the end of the scarf when I'm done and I think it will make the scarf even more special. I'll probably give it away as a gift...I feel so selfish keeping things to myself when someone I care about can enjoy it, you know?

Well, can't wait for knitting tommorrow night at Barnes and Noble. It's my favorite night of the week and I don't know if I'd be sane without it! Love seeing all of my knitting friends and just hanging out. Ooops....Ben wants to nurse, so I should go. Motherhood calls!

No comments: