Sunday, April 03, 2005

Some Breathing....Some Knitting

Finally.....the Goddess of Knitting blessed me with a semi-working nose (not running 24/7) and time for 10 rows of knitting on my lobster pot scarf. I feel sinful just touching that yarn...it's so luscious and soft....I only wish I could have a blanket made of it...maybe someday! I'm also very lucky to have a husband who didn't mind dropping me off at the adorable yarn store in Portsmouth....the Yarn Basket. It is VERY small...maybe the size of my bedroom, but it makes up for it in friendliness and helpfulness. The owner, Elaine, is so nice and I ask her a million questions every time I go....she never gets impatient or irritated with me. The selection is kind of limited, but I LOVE their Blue Sky Alpacas organic cotton yarn, the same company's alpaca, Classic Elite's Lush and the Kashmir yarn (with cashmere AND silk!)...I forgot what company makes that. I bought a skein of Chinchilla for a chemo cap, 3 skeins of Cotton Chenille for face clothes (so soft and plush) and 1 skein of Classic Elite's Star, which is 99% cotton with lycra in a great cantaloupe color. Not sure what I'll do with that, but I'm sure I'll figure something out! All for now....unless anyone knows a pattern for a small knitted cozy for a tissue box?

No comments: